anyway to add front camera to an XLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would love to have the front camera on our XLT...anyway to do that?

JPerry

Reaction score
There are some posts in the F150 group of people adding OEM cameras to their non factory equipped vehicles. The XLT I think is a little harder due to the missing technology package. you might be better off going aftermarket if you are only looking for the front camera. I am in the process not of adding the OEM 360 camera to an 2018 limited. Mine is however easier due to already having the technology package so all I need to do is change a module and add cameras

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are some posts in the F150 group of people adding OEM cameras to their non factory equipped vehicles. The XLT I think is a little harder due to the missing technology package. you might be better off going aftermarket if you are only looking for the front camera. I am in the process not of adding the OEM 360 camera to an 2018 limited. Mine is however easier due to already having the technology package so all I need to do is change a module and add cameras

Hey if you think of it, do a video or post pics of the process. I think people would appreciate that.....

rodman2185

Reaction score
I reached out to Rosta, the manufacturer of this product, with the following question.....

"I have a 2017 Ford Expedition with the Sync3 navigation system. Since this vehicle shares a lot of functions with the F150 truck, I'm wondering if this product would work with this vehicle?'.

And their reply .....

"Good morning and thank you for your email. At the present time we do not offer a multi-camera interface for the Expedition. If one becomes available in the future I will make sure to circle back to your email and let you know."

Thank you for your interest.

Bill Simmons
Director of Corporate Marketing
Rostra Accessories

Probably a canned response in that they've not tested it with an Expedition, but since this product is around $400 +/- retail, I'm not sure I would risk it.

cflynt

Reaction score

Very much would like to now more info on your cost and installation of this. I posted a question about this awhile back and everyone was saying it would be too costly. But might have been the fact that I asked about everything I was missing in my used Limited. But mostly I would love to have the 360 Cam system. If you don't mind shedding some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Chad

dhal22

Reaction score

I have an '18 Limited and would love all around cameras. I'm watching here.

kbr90210

Reaction score
I have contacted Rostra and they actually have a unit that can add a single camera, Rostra part number 250-8420-MOD

This is the compatibility table https://www.rostra.com/add-camera-to-factory-lcd-screen-in-car.php#ford
This is the product link provided https://www.rostra.com/add-camera-to-factory-lcd-screen-in-car.php#2508420MOD
Install Guide link https://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-8420-MOD_Form5620B.pdf

It appears that it does not have an automatic mode to switch the camera on at slow speeds, waiting on Rostra to confirm this.

Other than that this may be perfect for a front Camera install.

(Rostra has confirmed that you have to turn the camera on manually)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69