are upper ball joints replaceable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buzzie0013

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I noticed that my upper ball joint has a tear in the rubber seal. I took it in for replacing and was told that I would need to replace the entire upper control arm as well since its all one piece. Really? Is this normal that I'd need to replace the whole thing?

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that one can be pressed out but you may not spend much more doing the whole control arm because the shop will remove and replace it instead of having to press the old one out (additional labor) and press the new one in. Whole control arm price isn't much more than just the ball joint.

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
If they're removable, I haven't seen any listed anywhere. Uppers appear to be a single unit.

mcloven

Reaction score
they are not, unless you have aftermarket control arms or stamped steel control arms, which i have never seen before. i just put on upper arms and its pretty easy, probably easier than changing the ball joint if it was changible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik