ASS fails to restart vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2018 that did this, low mileage only about 6K a year and in the 3 years of owning it had 3 batteries in total, all replaced by Ford. They seem to eat batteries if not used or put on a trickle charger. I also live where the daily temp is 70°+ all year so that may also not help
Crazy that batteries don't last in these things.

Avee8tor

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with using power for the anti theft, Ford Pass link system drawing power.

Not to mention using ASS draws a lot of power everytime it starts and on short around town journeys never really fully charges or keeps the battery conditioned well. JM2C

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expedition XLT and have noticed if I don't drive it the battery does lose charge. I have a product called, "Theftpatrol" it monitors vehicles location and it also gives status of battery state of charge. I check this frequently which is very helpful to know I have to get out and run it on the highway to bring it's status to 12.6. At each startup the first thing beside a cold flood start is to disable the start/stop switch. This I find an annoyance but, oh well. I have purchased an AGM battery charger and keep it sidelined just in case I need to use it. I like to propose a question here? Not doing any research is their a indicator message that will give status of battery on Settings for the battery state of charge? I suppose reading the bible owners guide to find this question but I thought getting input from others would be easier. Thanks

birds

Reaction score
Our 2021 just did the same thing. Took it into the dealer and their solution was to charge the battery. We'll see how long that lasts... If it happens again I'm going to ask for a new battery.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is interesting, I have seen a message on mine that says the battery charge is too low and AS/S is disabled. Vehicles not driven enough will not get a full charge on the battery which destroys the battery. If you don't drive enough it would be a good idea to put a trickle charger on it once or twice a month to keep it "full". The worst thing for flooded batteries is not being fully charged.

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get an auto stop eliminator. I installed one the first week I had my 2018 and wouldn't have this car without it.
Any recommendations as to what brand to get? I know there are many out there.

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update..

They replaced the battery. They also fixed a super annoying sunroof rattle (I a bit impressed) and did the wiper recall.

So... Now I really want the ASS eliminator. What are my options? This is a 2021 FYI.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update..

They replaced the battery. They also fixed a super annoying sunroof rattle (I a bit impressed) and did the wiper recall.

So... Now I really want the ASS eliminator. What are my options? This is a 2021 FYI.
You can also disable ASS in Forscan if you prefer a software solution.