Audio and Navigation not working in 2022 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmspeed

Reaction score
With 35,700 miles our 2022 Expedition threw several error codes while driving home to Michigan from Miami. The Audio will not turn on, the navigation has lost connection and still shows us in Florida. Because of this, nothing will play through the speakers. You can connect to the car via Bluetooth, but nothing will play through the audio (radio, Sirius, Bluetooth devices, etc). The speed limit box in the lower right corner of the dash, will occasionally flash the speed limit you should be going based on your location but it's not accurate. (IE: says speed limit is 35 in the area I'm driving, but I'm on an expressway I-75 and it should be at least 70 mph) This is because the navigation cannot accurately track my location Most of the time the speed limit box is grayed out. I took video of this occurring because I knew I would be over warranty miles once I returned back home to Michigan. Ford Service Tech trying to get Ford to cover the replacement cost of new audio system. Anyone else having similar issues?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are there any resets that can be done? I know on my 2020 I had some similar issues and there were a couple buttons you could push to do a reset and after doing that few times the issues seem to have gone away.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like an APIM issue or the GPS module has failed. Hopefully it will be warrantied.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With 35,700 miles our 2022 Expedition threw several error codes while driving home to Michigan from Miami. The Audio will not turn on, the navigation has lost connection and still shows us in Florida. Because of this, nothing will play through the speakers. You can connect to the car via Bluetooth, but nothing will play through the audio (radio, Sirius, Bluetooth devices, etc). The speed limit box in the lower right corner of the dash, will occasionally flash the speed limit you should be going based on your location but it's not accurate. (IE: says speed limit is 35 in the area I'm driving, but I'm on an expressway I-75 and it should be at least 70 mph) This is because the navigation cannot accurately track my location Most of the time the speed limit box is grayed out. I took video of this occurring because I knew I would be over warranty miles once I returned back home to Michigan. Ford Service Tech trying to get Ford to cover the replacement cost of new audio system. Anyone else having similar issues?
Subscription doesn't expire yet?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
APIM issue. Which size screen do you have? The large Portrait or smaller Landscape? The reset for the APIM is different depending.

Lumberjack

Reaction score
We just had the same thing happen with our timberline in July. The heat kept turning on full blast and multiple other functions wouldn’t work right including GPS. It took 5 months for Ford to get it fixed correctly. This is a known issue and when you get it fixed your entire display will look diffevent. I will say Ford kept us in a new platinum expy the entire time and kept us updated every week along the way.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just had the same thing happen with our timberline in July. The heat kept turning on full blast and multiple other functions wouldn’t work right including GPS. It took 5 months for Ford to get it fixed correctly. This is a known issue and when you get it fixed your entire display will look diffevent. I will say Ford kept us in a new platinum expy the entire time and kept us updated every week along the way.
Wish I had that dealer around me, mine has been pretty good but not like that. I had six trips back and forth to figure out why i was having apim and usb issues. no loaner. sat in the lobby as they tried each fix Ford told them to do. Even after replacing apim, turned out to be a bad usb cable. PITA

OP
OP
J

jmspeed

Reaction score
We have done a factory reset on the audio system, pulled the battery, checked all fuses. It has been at the dealership for 10 days and I just received a call that FORD will not pay for the replacement of the audio system. They said it needs to be replaced. $1,600!! The audio system completely blacked out while I was 1,200 miles from home. This occurred while I was under 36,000 miles and I have video of it. They will not cover the repair as it is now over 36,000 because I had to drive back to Michigan from Miami Florida. FORD IS NOT STANDING BY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same and the dealership did a refresh, update of system. Did they say they tried that first before the replacement of the whole thing?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have done a factory reset on the audio system, pulled the battery, checked all fuses. It has been at the dealership for 10 days and I just received a call that FORD will not pay for the replacement of the audio system. They said it needs to be replaced. $1,600!! The audio system completely blacked out while I was 1,200 miles from home. This occurred while I was under 36,000 miles and I have video of it. They will not cover the repair as it is now over 36,000 because I had to drive back to Michigan from Miami Florida. FORD IS NOT STANDING BY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!
Usually, the dealerships deny claims because the factory won't pay the dealership. So, you have to call the Ford corporate offices.
Call Ford's executive liaison office: 313-316-8280. They may be able to help you, since your vehicle is barely out of warranty. Stress the fact that it happened while under warranty.
They are very good at helping resolve these kinds of warranty issues.