Auto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Is there a way to disconnect the auto headlight activation when putting truck in gear for 2010 limited? Be it drive or reverse, day or night when car goes in gear the headlights come on.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to disconnect the auto headlight activation when putting truck in gear for 2010 limited? Be it drive or reverse, day or night when car goes in gear the headlights come on.

On my 2015 Expedition Limited with auto headlamps, the switch has four positions:

Auto
Parking lamps on (manual)
Head lamps on (manual)
Auto and exterior lamps shut off (manual)

Does you switch have similar positions? You could turn the lamps off manually, or turn on the headlamps when you feel they are needed.

Is the solar sensor on the top, middle of the dash covered or damaged?

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
No even with the light switch in the off position the head lights come on immediately when i put the vehicle in gear. I have to check for placement of the sensor.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No even with the light switch in the off position the head lights come on immediately when i put the vehicle in gear. I have to check for placement of the sensor.

On mine - turning the switch to off stops the headlamps from turning on, not matter what the ambient light is.

It sounds as though there is an electrical short in the switch?