Auto-Up feature not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 XLT with a similar issue. About 90% of the time the Auto-up does not work and about 10% of the time it does work. I've tried the steps to reset it as well, but it is not consistent. Since I'm out of warranty I've just been living with it.
That was the exact symptom on my ‘14. Switch replacement fixed it right up.

OP
OP
craig72

craig72

Reaction score
Well, I went through the reset steps and it didn't seem to help. Then I proceeded to pull up really hard on the switch several times and low-and-behold, it started working. So... Percussive Maintenance FTW! I'll keep an eye on it to see if it behaves, but for the past week it's been solid. I wonder if the previous owner (little old lady) ever used the 2nd switch position at all. Maybe just needed to knock the dust off ;)

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I just realized I have a problem.

What is the de-initialize procedure with pushbutton start?

Thanks!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I went through the reset steps and it didn't seem to help. Then I proceeded to pull up really hard on the switch several times and low-and-behold, it started working. So... Percussive Maintenance FTW! I'll keep an eye on it to see if it behaves, but for the past week it's been solid. I wonder if the previous owner (little old lady) ever used the 2nd switch position at all. Maybe just needed to knock the dust off ;)
It sounds like you need a new switch

OP
OP
craig72

craig72

Reaction score
Just closing the loop on this thread. We had the truck up at the dealer to complete some warranty work before the CPO coverage expired. They fixed the window issue by simply replacing the switch as you all had predicted. Thanks!