Autostopeliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tys expedition

Tys expedition

Reaction score
i got the auto start eliminator plug yesterday and got it installed this morning took about ten minutes. getting the plug out was the only hassle cause my fingers are to ig to press the tabs easily. other than that it was simple plug and play. did a garage test and it seems to be working. glad i did it.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may want to get it checked...it for sure shouldn’t lurch.

mine only turns off if I fully depress on the brake and if I let off the brake it starts and stays in place until I touch the gas.

“Lurch” was the best way I could describe it. Basically no matter what when your vehicle starts the RPMs will be higher the moment it starts and returns to idle. Hot. Cold. Doesn’t matter (obviously when cold it will idle higher for a short period). Those extra RPMs if you let off the brake too much just once could mean I’m parked in my storage rack instead of before it.

Basically it works exactly as you described, it’s just those initial extra RPMs when it starts back up you can feel the vehicle wanting to move forward more...which of course...because RPMs are higher than at idle. For a moment. And that moment is what I do not like.

Reaction score
Also I watched a YouTube. Looked easy. Anyone done it themselves? If so how easy was it
yes, did it myself, works great, pretty easy to install.. although kinda tight on space getting your hands in there, unless you want to unhook everything!! Excellent product, works great! Highly recommend.

Mike Farr

Reaction score
Worth every penny! I haven't had to punch that stupid button on the dash in months, and this relieved one of the only constant annoyances I had. I got the ODB/2 version...plug it in, set to off, DONE! Leave it there and forget about it. Smile every time you stop at a light and have that moment of "oh crap, I forgot to turn off that stupid thing" and it no longer happens. Smile again.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We bought our 2018 Limited in January of 2019. Planning on keeping her 20 years+, so we didn’t care she was technically a year old. I couldn’t believe anyone would pay close to $100 so you didn’t have to push one button. How silly!! After almost 1.5 years of ownership, and constantly forgetting to turn the *€%# thing off, I ordered mine today. Thanks for the discount code!!! Cheap “aggravation eliminator”.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may want to get it checked...it for sure shouldn’t lurch.

mine only turns off if I fully depress on the brake and if I let off the brake it starts and stays in place until I touch the gas.

my '20 has a small "lurch" when the engine restarts....It feels more like an engine start than a transmission pull.

the engine will also restart if you turn the steering wheel.

Mine never shuts off for more than a few seconds and 99% of the time it says its restarting due to charging demand.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my '20 has a small "lurch" when the end restarts....It feels more like an engine start than a transmission pull.

the engine will also restart if you turn the steering wheel.
Mine never shuts off for more than a few seconds and 99% of the time it says its restarting due to charging demand.

Wow that’s nuts. Maybe mine doesn’t because I usually have stop hold on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I seem to recall you can turn this auto-shut off crap off w/ Forscan, why would you buy the module?

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worth every penny! I haven't had to punch that stupid button on the dash in months, and this relieved one of the only constant annoyances I had. I got the ODB/2 version...plug it in, set to off, DONE! Leave it there and forget about it. Smile every time you stop at a light and have that moment of "oh crap, I forgot to turn off that stupid thing" and it no longer happens. Smile again.

Installed mine today. 20 minutes. I didn’t see where the video showed to tuck the device through the slot. The instructions showed it though. Took a drive with the wife. Let her drive. She had no idea why I did the evil laugh every time we stopped. A Snidley Whiplash feeling for sure. We’ll see how long it takes her to notice.
I don’t have Forscan, and I don’t want to be messing around in there.