Auxilary Relay Box 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumaga2

Reaction score
Hi, i have significant clicking coming out of the rear relay box that is related to adjustments of rear fan speed. Does anyone have a diagram of the relays in the rear box and what they do/control? About to pull my hair out. There are 5 larger relays in the back box and 2 smaller ones. Just trying to narrow some things down because there is more than one clicking. (2008 Expedition)

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a relay box.

Its the blend door actuator.

Fixes include:
1) actually replacing it
2) tearing it down and replacing the faulty gear
3) twiddling front and rear A/C ratios (for some reason there's interplay between em) to a position where it won't click

OP
OP
J

jumaga2

Reaction score
I replaced both rear actuators. I have my hand on the relays and that is definitely what’s clicking.

sdarc

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack. What is the part number for the rear blend door actuators? I only see the same part number for actuators. I ordered some from Amazon but they are nowhere near the correct ones. I'd rather have the correct ones before I pull the panels.

TIA

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack. What is the part number for the rear blend door actuators? I only see the same part number for actuators. I ordered some from Amazon but they are nowhere near the correct ones. I'd rather have the correct ones before I pull the panels.

TIA
What year is your Expedition?

sdarc

Reaction score
Yea after I posted I thought "bet they want a year". lol 2010 EB short

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea after I posted I thought "bet they want a year". lol 2010 EB short
I believe this is what you need: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...rch=true&year=2010&make=Ford&model=Expedition

P/N: 1L2Z-19E616-AA you need 2 of these.

You can get it here: https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...odel=Expedition&Year=2010&Submodel=&Filter=() for $40.46

RenderIllustration.ashx

sdarc

Reaction score
Thanks Andy and a correct assumption.

I'm pretty sure I found the part on Rock Auto. Going to cross reference the numbers with what you provided.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1