B&O speaker quality on 2022 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyra

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the B&O 22 speaker quality in the 2022 limited. I can say I’m less than impressed. I feel like most of the sound is coming from the dash. I do not feel fully emerged in the sound. I have tried adjusting the front to back fade and it doesn’t seem to help. It just sounds like the music comes from the back and quieter in front. There doesn’t seem to be a good middle ground to get a good sound like I did in my explorer. Anyone else feel this way?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the B&O 22 speaker quality in the 2022 limited. I can say I’m less than impressed. I feel like most of the sound is coming from the dash. I do not feel fully emerged in the sound. I have tried adjusting the front to back fade and it doesn’t seem to help. It just sounds like the music comes from the back and quieter in front. There doesn’t seem to be a good middle ground to get a good sound like I did in my explorer. Anyone else feel this way?
It was sufficient enough for us. Of course, I'm not huge music listener though.

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the surround turned on. My sound comes from the dash as well, prior to turning on the surround option the sound was well balanced.

OP
OP
Tyra

Tyra

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the surround turned on. My sound comes from the dash as well, prior to turning on the surround option the sound was well balanced.
I had it on stereo when noticing the issue. Tried the surround and it sounded more full with some music. I’m finding that it seems to depend on the individual song weather it sounds better in stereo or surround. Also satellite seems to not sound as good for most stations. Maybe it is the size of the vehicle?? But I had a 2020 explorer prior which really wasn’t that much smaller and it sounded much better. (Except the bass is better in the expedition).

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try a USB drive, I always found music from a USB or drive sounds much better than satellite or radio. Bt is iffy and mainly is affected by the app you use and the settings it offers. Honestly, when I tested a kr, the 22spkr system didn't sound powerful as compared to the 12 spkr in my 18, though the clarity was phenomenal. Admittedly, the salesman wouldn't stop talking to let my wife and I play and try it out either lol.

Last edited:

PettDidi

Reaction score
Nice to see the post about upgrading the speaker, although I have not used B&O, I think upgrading the sound quality of the car speaker can make you enjoy your car more

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are listening to satellite it may be the signal there. FM stations with good strong signals should be better. But the surround channels require information that is not always present in every station.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 19 has the Bo system and it sounds fine to me, but it’s nothing earth shaking. I’ve noticed that Satellite channels do NOT sound nearly as good in this vehicle as in my 2018 Ram w/ factory Alpine stereo…..

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Eww, sat radio sounds terrible in general. I loved listening to my usb drive using the b&o, it was phenomenal. One thing I miss about the b&o compared to everything else we've been in since is how full it sounded. We've been in the bose in the armada, bose in the escalade(pre 21), els in mdx, bose in infiniti, alpine in durango, harmon in ram, macintosh in jeep. A lot of people down the system but nothing sounds as full or powerful as it, to include our base revel unit in our current nav.

Admittedly, after test driving a cpl my22 expys, the b&o Unleashed is just too neutered for my liking. It's 2 condensed, and sounds too quiet and soft.

Last edited:

TonyR0206

Reaction score
I'm not at all impressed with the low end of the B&O system. It just seems to lack any low end punch. My wife's 2021 Palisade has a Harmon Kardon system in it that sounds spectacular. It has great low end that will actually rattle the doors, great mids and highs...one of the better stock systems I've ever heard, if not the best. I had high hopes for the Bang and Olufson, but it falls short. I may replace the sub and see if it makes any difference and then maybe a small amplifier if it still doesn't sound full enough.