Back hatch sets off alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikracer

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Expedition Max Platinum and if the car is locked and I open the rear hatch via the button on the handle, the alarm goes off.

Any idea as to why that would happen? Seems if the car can sense the key to allow the hatch to open, the alarm shouldn't be going off.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
definitely shouldn't do that. I use that all the time on mine. i'm assuming its the factory alarm, i.e. horn honk and not an aftermarket alarm right? My guess beyond that it's a feature, is that it is likely either a programming thing, i.e. someone might have used forscan on the vehicle or possible a faulty module.

OP
OP
M

mikracer

Reaction score
definitely shouldn't do that. I use that all the time on mine. i'm assuming its the factory alarm, i.e. horn honk and not an aftermarket alarm right? My guess beyond that it's a feature, is that it is likely either a programming thing, i.e. someone might have used forscan on the vehicle or possible a faulty module.
Thanks. Yeah, it's completely stock. Has a CPO warranty so I should be covered if it needs something replaced, I guess.