Backup assist system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskane125

Reaction score
Who has used the backup assist system? Just bought a 2020 XLT with the heavy tow package. I’m pretty good on backing up, but curious about the value and practicality of backup assist. I plan to set it upon this weekend.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s not bad but if you’re experienced at backing a trailer you’ll likely keep doing it the way you’re used to doing it. My wife likes it but she is rarely the one doing any of the driving and even less of the trailering. In all honesty, you buy the tow package for 4low, better radiator, and 3.73 gears... the trailer assist is the physical thing you can see that represents all those options I just listed.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s not bad but if you’re experienced at backing a trailer you’ll likely keep doing it the way you’re used to doing it. My wife likes it but she is rarely the one doing any of the driving and even less of the trailering. In all honesty, you buy the tow package for 4low, better radiator, and 3.73 gears... the trailer assist is the physical thing you can see that represents all those options I just listed.
Don’t forget ELSD also.