Bad factory amp!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DURAMAX

Reaction score
Hey yall, first post,my amp went out on my 2002 exp. not sure what would be best, change the whole radio to aftermarket or replace the amp( wich i'm sure wont be cheap from ford) any thoughts?

ICrushedAPrius

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, both options are good. If you are keeping the stock speakers in there, just buy a cheap CD player head unit and pop out the old one. Almost all head units out now will have more than enough power to run your speakers. Ford head units are pre-amped, so you would have to get the whole unit replaced if it turns out to be anything but a fuse.
But, if you wanted to get a cheap amp, like a BOSS or Legacy, you would only need a 150watt amp. Then you just run a couple wires from the head unit you have now to the amp, and wire the speakers into the amp. You will get better sound quality and deeper bass, even from stock speakers. If you go this route, and want a wiring diagram/instructions, let me know with a PM.