badass huh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would love a diesel expy.... if mine blows the engine it will get a diesel!!

i think the 6.2 would be over kill but on the other hand it would be a blast to drive

agree on the lower gears but most trucks have lower stall on the TQ to take advantage of the low end torque...

(i don't consider an expy a heavy truck by any means... they do make a good school bus and can handle mild towing...

i know the factory has the new ones rated for towing 9k

when an expy can keep up with my powerstroke while towing 9k it will get my vote for a heavy truck

this is just my opinion not trying to upset anyone)

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
i would love a diesel expy.... if mine blows the engine it will get a diesel!!

i think the 6.2 would be over kill but on the other hand it would be a blast to drive

agree on the lower gears but most trucks have lower stall on the TQ to take advantage of the low end torque...

(i don't consider an expy a heavy truck by any means... they do make a good school bus and can handle mild towing...

i know the factory has the new ones rated for towing 9k

when an expy can keep up with my powerstroke while towing 9k it will get my vote for a heavy truck

this is just my opinion not trying to upset anyone)

Trucks have low stall...... In fact most stock cars have low stall also. For milage and reliability. But to get into the powerband you need a higher stall. The much higher weight of an Expy vs mustang would make it take much longer to get into the powerband with out it. Expy is not heavy if you compare it to a tank. But if you compare it to a mustang.... its heavy. Truck vs car heavy :)

This is all just bench racing anyways.... I was just trying to simply state that motor while very nice and awesome in the mustang, likely does not have the low end torque that a stock 5.4 has below say...... 2500 rpms where an expy spends most of its time. Don't really know with out dyno graphs of both. But typically motors that have higher hp than torque and high in the rpm range generally have low (relative) torque figures down low.

Just my opinion..

Diesels are all about low end torque and where do you most of them.... in heavy vehicles.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trucks have low stall...... In fact most stock cars have low stall also. For milage and reliability. But to get into the powerband you need a higher stall. The much higher weight of an Expy vs mustang would make it take much longer to get into the powerband with out it. Expy is not heavy if you compare it to a tank. But if you compare it to a mustang.... its heavy. Truck vs car heavy :)

This is all just bench racing anyways.... I was just trying to simply state that motor while very nice and awesome in the mustang, likely does not have the low end torque that a stock 5.4 has below say...... 2500 rpms where an expy spends most of its time. Don't really know with out dyno graphs of both. But typically motors that have higher hp than torque and high in the rpm range generally have low (relative) torque figures down low.

Just my opinion..

Diesels are all about low end torque and where do you most of them.... in heavy vehicles.

i appriciate the insight their and where you coming from. and i agree that the 5.0 could not be slapped into an expy with no mods and run strong