Ball mount companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

French101

Reaction score
I'm looking to get the max from my hitch without having to go with a weight distribution system. Is there a company better than the other ones or it is all about the same?

danketchpel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would go with a Alumistinger ball mount bar. It is the strongest one you can get plus it's polished aluminum which doesn't rust and looks very cool. Plus they don't cost much more than the standard steel ones.

This is just one place that sells them. Check around locally.

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/ball_mounts2.htm

I'm thinking to replace my rusted Eckhart ball mount with an Alumistinger just for the corrosion factor. I launch watercraft in the ocean frequently.

OP
OP
F

French101

Reaction score
I'm towing a 2 horses trailer (2500lb) plus horses (2400lb) plus equipment for a total roughly around 5200lb.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I would look into a WDH just for the safty of the horses.
10to15% of the trailer weight is on the toung =520 to 600 lbs
Ireal think you'll be happier with it

OP
OP
F

French101

Reaction score
Thanks, I did not wanted to go that route right of the bat but I guess I don't have a choice do I!

Thanks again I'll look into it

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would say use a wdh and you will be better off in the long run and never have to buy another hitch and ball because you can use a wdh even if you dont have to have wd