Battery box screw/holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone changed their battery box? I just swapped batteries and the screw that goes in the battery holder won't go in cuz the screw plate is loose in the tray...will a new tray fix this prob?

Mr. 10K

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I was with AAA we had this issue frequently, the hold down bolt that goes through the top bracket down into and through the bottom tray tends to rust and many times break in the hole or as with happened with you the metal plate that the bolt threads into breaks free from the battery box. What I would typically do, because we weren't replacing battery boxes when installing batteries, I would use a pair of vice grips, pinch the plate to the battery box, thread bolt, remove vice grips, or simply use a nut and washer

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was with AAA we had this issue frequently, the hold down bolt that goes through the top bracket down into and through the bottom tray tends to rust and many times break in the hole or as with happened with you the metal plate that the bolt threads into breaks free from the battery box. What I would typically do, because we weren't replacing battery boxes when installing batteries, I would use a pair of vice grips, pinch the plate to the battery box, thread bolt, remove vice grips, or simply use a nut and washer
Thx Jay87LX fir ur reply and fix...I'll give they a try and I might also see if I can find another bolt and nut plate from lowes or somewhere

Mr. 10K