battery drained in 3 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donsmrs

Reaction score
We had a 2000 EXPD 2WD Eddie Bauer which in 2008 or so, developed a leak in the windshield glue on the driver's side. This defect affected some big (pricey) module under the dash on the driver's side. Fans would run unbidden, with the SUV locked and engine off. (I called it Gremlins and we mostly ignored it- big mistake). The module replacement was something like $800 and we were told to get the windshield replaced (New glue, you see). This leak only affected Ford SUVs and vans and replacing the windshield and glue (plus the module since we let it go so long), fixed things. The end result of the neglect before we found the cause was, we came out to a dead battery. Twice.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Don't throw parts at the problem.

Blindly replacing stuff is just silly.

Interesting how you mention not throwing parts at the problem. Back when I was a 'punk hotrodder' (I'm 75 now!), my friends and I worked on our cars incessantly. When we were trying to fix something we always bought parts we were sure would fix the problem. Many times it didn't fix anything and we would simply say, "Well, hang that one up on the experience board" - and buy more parts - until we accidentally found the right one that worked. We had one hell of an "experience board"!