Battery draining overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

OK if there was a bigger spark then I would say that something was drawing to many amps Hopefully it was a bad battery and the new one solves the problem

kwyorman

Reaction score
I had this problem for a while. It turned out that the overhead gas computer/map display wasn't turning off when I got out of the truck. I took out fuse #6 under the dash and fixed it. There is a circuit burned up in the compass display that allows everything to work, it just doesn't go dim when it should. It was caused by a small leak from the windshield or sunroof. Sorry for the long winded post. Just thought I'd put my 39 cents in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mike D

Reaction score
Autozone replaced the battery last week and so far its been holding up. With warmer temps and a new battery its been starting as it should. If the battery drain happens again, I will definitely start with fuses and look at the alternator.

OP
OP
M

Mike D

Reaction score
Well it turns out the drain on the battery was the rear wiper motor. After not driving it over the weekend, it was completely dead. After a bit of trouble shooting I was able to narrow down the problem to the rear window wiper motor. The motor was seized. After a bit of research on the interwebs, it seems to be a common problem. I disconnected the motor and haven't had a problem since Monday, when I had to jump start it twice.

B

bedrck46

That would be a good reason to check the amp draw on the battery when the vehicle is turned off There is a normal amount of amp draw but anything over that normal amount would indicate a problem somewhere

guitarsmark

Reaction score
Am gonna try this... had my battery tested, was doing the same thing... battery is ok. but I noticed that this started happening, just after my rear wiper motor seized... real frustrating in -20C having to disconnect the battery... :) Thanks for the read, and sorry to hijack. I'll let y'all know if the same happens with mine.

B

bedrck46

guitarsmark Try pulling the fuse for the rear wiper motor until you get the motor repaired or replaced

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deena