Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buster Arthur

Reaction score
Thinking about replacing my battery that is four years old in my 2016 Exp. It is a king ranch if that makes a differences. AutoZone (not the experts)said do not use a memeory saver when doing this. Anyone have a reason why?
Thanks

JRW4673

Reaction score
I replaced the battery in my 2015 EL back in February and did not use a memory saver. Everything was fine and all my presents were still there when I was done. I will suggest that you take care when handling the terminal connections as they are temperamental in our cars and very expensive to replace. I have a buddy with a 2016 and damaged his when changing his battery. It was serveral hundred dollars at the dealer for a replacement so he went to a pull-it yard to get a used one.

OP
OP
B

Buster Arthur

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Yes I know about being careful. I have already replaced the positive terminal do to corrosion. I did find an aftermarket terminal made by Doorman that worked well. At that time I used my memory saver with out any issues. Guess I will do it again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69