Best 2 - 2.5 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct no lift from those.
They help stop the sag when loaded or towing.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All! I was wanting to put a little lift on my 07 expy. Im not sure I want the 3" ready lift as its close to max for the joints etc and im leaning towards a safer lift choice. Who has what and really likes it?
I've been running the Daystar 3"/2" spacers on my 2003 for 4 years. Been happy with them.

Careful now, back when I had my 2nd gen Explorer and was active on the Explorer forums, some guys on there modded their Ex's with suspension lifts and their trucks would end up eating through their driveshafts (due to out of spec angles).

The general consensus was that a body lift was a much safer way to go... you just needed spacers for the bumpers to make it look right after the body was lifted off the frame. Some other mods would be necessary too depending on lift height, like extending the steering shaft.
Expeditions (2003 and newer) have independent suspension front and rear. The most popular spacer lifts don't affect driveshaft angle. Also, I haven't seen a body lift available for the Expedition.

Before we go down a rabbit hole lets remember Im only looking for like 2 inches of lift in the front and maybe 1 inch in the rear. I have no intention of going to rubicon or moab hard trails. I just want a level ride that maybe I can put 33s under some day. Any advice towards that end would be helpful.
You can fit 33s without a lift if that's all you're interested in.

mygsris2slo4u

Reaction score
I have a 2/2 spacer lift on my 2017. The ebay vendor I got them from had all different options available at the time. 1/2, 1/1, 2/2, 3/2. I believe I posted the link to them on the show us your lifted 3rd gen thread.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brobcoholic I also dont like the rake of it and I like a little gap above the wheels.
I didn't like the rake of the 3/2 either. I bought a set of aluminum wheel spacers 1/4" thick, drilled holes and placed on top of the rear struts. That provided just over 3/8" lift to the rear and made all the difference in visual appeal. Since the Daystar rear spacer is a spring spacer and not a strut spacer, I was comfortable adding the 1/4" strut spacer. I also made sure the mounting studs had at least 2 threads showing with the nuts tight. Any thicker and they wouldn't.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20190715_200638.jpg
The Raptor tires are 34.5" and I think are gapped nicely with my lift. Everyone has their own preference. I hope this helps with the decision.

OP
OP
I

Icemanjones

Reaction score
I like the way that looks Broncoholic. I hate how much of a jump there is in price from 33 to 35 tires vs the jump from 31 to 33.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't mind Raptor take-offs, they're a pretty affordable package. I got mine with 6k miles on them for $600. IMO the finishes on aftermarket wheels don't last and I'm not interested in aggressive backspace wheels, so the Raptors were just what I wanted. In my area, you can buy brand new Raptor take-offs all day for $1200, but have some patience and deals will pop up.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just slapped 33” tires on my factory 18s and am very happy. Not a big fan of many aftermarket wheels these days. I really don’t like black wheels. I thought about bronze but thought I would get tired of them.
So I saved the coin and just bought new tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360