Best 2 - 2.5 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icemanjones

Reaction score
Hi All! I was wanting to put a little lift on my 07 expy. Im not sure I want the 3" ready lift as its close to max for the joints etc and im leaning towards a safer lift choice. Who has what and really likes it?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’ll run through ball joints quicker but it is not a huge deal.
You could always get a set of UCAs and you’ll no longer have the balljoint issue.

Not really any other options for the fronts.
You may be able to use Fox, ICON, or any other coilover from that year F150 like we can with the 15-17s but I don’t know for sure if everything is the same.

OP
OP
I

Icemanjones

Reaction score
Yeah I mainly was looking for a spacer set like Rough Country sells but wasnt sure what all was out there. I did read you posts about the UCAs but I just cant spend that much dough currently. Maybe when the suspension gets further degraded.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’ll run through ball joints quicker but it is not a huge deal.
You could always get a set of UCAs and you’ll no longer have the balljoint issue.

Not really any other options for the fronts.
You may be able to use Fox, ICON, or any other coilover from that year F150 like we can with the 15-17s but I don’t know for sure if everything is the same.

UCAs? Upper Control Arms?

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Careful now, back when I had my 2nd gen Explorer and was active on the Explorer forums, some guys on there modded their Ex's with suspension lifts and their trucks would end up eating through their driveshafts (due to out of spec angles).

The general consensus was that a body lift was a much safer way to go... you just needed spacers for the bumpers to make it look right after the body was lifted off the frame. Some other mods would be necessary too depending on lift height, like extending the steering shaft.

OP
OP
I

Icemanjones

Reaction score
Before we go down a rabbit hole lets remember Im only looking for like 2 inches of lift in the front and maybe 1 inch in the rear. I have no intention of going to rubicon or moab hard trails. I just want a level ride that maybe I can put 33s under some day. Any advice towards that end would be helpful.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UCAs? Upper Control Arms?

Yes

Before we go down a rabbit hole lets remember Im only looking for like 2 inches of lift in the front and maybe 1 inch in the rear. I have no intention of going to rubicon or moab hard trails. I just want a level ride that maybe I can put 33s under some day. Any advice towards that end would be helpful.

Then grab a 2/1 spacer kit and you will be fine.
I would upgrade to Bilstein 4600s while you are in there but not required.
You’ll run through balljoint a little faster than normal but when you do go to swap them just make sure to buy a heavy duty greasable joint and you’ll get a bit more life out of them.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently installed Monroe Strut assemblies on my 2007 in front and Arnnot rear struts replacing the air shocks. Both ends went up 2 inches. from 35 to 37inches.

I checked my height again today and after 3 weeks the struts have settled down about an inch to inch and a half since the virginal measurement.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik