Best Performace CHip Mod For MPG Gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMNew

Reaction score
I have a 2013 XLT with the 5.4. I am looking for the best tuner that will increase the MPG and at the same time not void my warranty or negatively affect my engine. Does anyone have any advise on where to start? I have been looking Google and found several "chips" that promise this but they seem like BS - like the GEForce. Thanks in advance for any advice.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of people use the Edge and SCT programmers with good results. I have not found anyone who has been unhappy with them. They are expensive but they pay themselves off. Otherwise 5 Star can help with a custom tune to load onto the ECU.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with 5 Star for my 08. I gained 2 mpg around town with the performance/towing tune.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MrMNew

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, guys. I am going to go with something from 5Star tuning and also upgrade the exhaust so the 5.4 will breathe better. What I have read thus far tells me that there is sufficient air flowing into the engine, so I will focus on tuner and exhaust.