Bet some of Wish We Had A Larger/Extended Fuel Tank Now...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bet Some of You Wish We Had A Larger/Extended Fuel Tank Now...

Just 'sayin. All local stations were dried up yesterday so I had to search and drive a bit to top off the Silver Bullet. I miss my old Expy's 30 gallon tank (Gen1) and do wish I had more...

Hope you all are OK with this issue.

Last edited:

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gas back online in NW GA. I commute with a hybrid to keep the miles off the expy. Had I not I’d be up to 120k on my 2018. Sitting at 81K now

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do find it rediculous that the tanks on theses are so small. My F150 has a 36 gal tank. Should be 30 gal minimum. Some engineer didn't package components with enough thought to accommodate a proper size tank.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely miss the 32 gallon tank in my old Yukon. The smallish tank in my Expy Max is honestly my biggest complaint about the vehicle. It kills me when towing on long trips.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another benefit of living in the middle of nowhere up north where I do! lol.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is frustrating that the expy has such a small tank. I liked the larger tank in the EL but with the 2020 plat it is much much smaller.

The expy is a great road trip vehicle.

Too bad it has such a small tank.

cfldad

Reaction score
What kind of range did you get with these bigger tanks? I’m getting 500+ miles which seems pretty good. Most of my other vehicles have been in the 350+ range

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get almost 700 miles on a tank on my Max If I drive it kinda easy. Not sure how good your bladders are, but they must be better than mine, because thats like 10 hours.