Bet some of Wish We Had A Larger/Extended Fuel Tank Now...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the MAX and my F-150 had the 36 gallon tank. The smaller tank misses all our usual gas stops even though the MPG is the same. Can’t even imagine the regular sized Expy tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get almost 700 miles on a tank on my Max If I drive it kinda easy. Not sure how good your bladders are, but they must be better than mine, because thats like 10 hours.
8 MPG towing the boat on the interstate. Screws up all of my old gas stops, and really screws me around DC.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 beats my Subaru on range! First truck I’ve had that can do 230+miles on a tank lol. I take it your on the Gulf and its your first time having a fuel shortage? Yeah us west coasters know a thing or two about that lol. I have a plugin EV/Hybrid too. Lol For a few reasons

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got a tune on my 33 gallon Expedition. The tune performs best with 93 octane… so, I am not looking for any more room to fill!!!

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
I’ve got a tune on my 33 gallon Expedition. The tune performs best with 93 octane… so, I am not looking for any more room to fill!!!
I run premium in both my Expy & F150. I get the best economy with the good stuff with my driving habits. I have the 36 gallon in the EL, the F150 has the standard 26 gallon tank. We'll get 500+ around town with the Expy. 650-700 on the highway

Thomas Warden

Reaction score
I love my 2019 Expedition XLT, but the size of the gas tank is really frustrating when towing my camper! Traveling with our friends in a “Class C” (Ford chassis) I have to stop for fuel 3 times to his once. Does anyone know of a larger size tank/additional tank they make for our Expy’s?? I know they make larger replacements for other brands/models but haven’t seen anything for what we drive. Just curious….

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
I routinely hit 17-20 on the interstate at 80 mph, even with some headwind. A week ago, we had my wife’s forester on the same stretch, same speed, typical headwind- mpg was as low as 14 never hit 20 mpg for a 50 mile stretch.

TDBDLB

Reaction score
My 2010 gets 403 miles on tank. Mama can go 150 miles without head stop.