beyond gas draining [READ]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12ramirezj

Reaction score
so today I was at 195 miles to empty and then all of a sudden it went from 195 to 165 and the gas gauge went to a little under half a tank when I was just parked.. I had just gotten gas.. what could it be?

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be a sensor (float) or fuel gauge error, but i'd check for leaks if i were you.
Did you park your car on an incline?

Fanatic1074

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with betro. Check the float on the pump. Mine was acting up and I pulled out the pump and the float had a little bit of an issue moving up and down. I just cleaned it up with a little bit of steel wool and then it was fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

twisted

Reaction score
pull the battery terminal for about an hour... then reconnect. if this doesnt work i agree with the statement above. sometimes cpu gets confuzed and just needs a reboot... ive had experience with it on my ol mans f150 which is an 04

OP
OP
12ramirezj

12ramirezj

Reaction score
I was thinking it might be something draining my gas in the engine? idk.. might have to take it to the dealership soon

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
could it be a spark plug?? I'm gettin 10.1 mpg

I wouldnt say sparkplugs are causing it, all expys get bad mileage so try driving with a light foot, as in 2000 rpm's at the most, anything past that and your wasting gas big time