BILSTEIN 5100 F150/Expy Shocks, Tires, Spacers (LONG)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the example I was referencing above from LGE-CTS. I think most of us have seen it. This is supposed to be setup as follows:

• Icon 2.25" lift suspension setup.
  • BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 (325/60/20) tires
  • 20"x9" +18mm wheels from Method.
Those tires should measure out to be approximately 35.6" in diameter and 13" wide.

There are photos form all angles if you just type "lge-cts expedition" into Google and select images.

2018-ford-expedition-lge-cts-motorsports-04-389958.jpg

And @Adam Huskins has a similar setup (same wheels) but using the Readylift without any issues.

8fcc54dee2fcc7067a2c80cf8f7d7387.jpg

aa42c6cc1a491ccfa3fd71871b8e94cd.jpg

Images taken from his posting here -
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/anyone-install-a-readylift-leveling-kit.38295/#post-332905

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for a nice and detailed explanation regarding your modifications.

I have a question - How are people fitting 35" tires on their Expeditions with the Icon Lift (2.25") or the Ready Lift (3"/2") when 34s barely fit on this lift?

Well, you know, most guys lie about a few things. How big their man hood is, how many women they have slept with. Their fuel mileage and if their tires rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just put new Black Rhino 18” rims and Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Platinum. 295/70/18 same as the OP, but in the LT E-rated tire.
I definitely did some tucking and trimming.
The power running boards are an inch shorter in the front.
I removed the front chin spoiler and tucked the wheel liners up and out of the way. I also trimmed a very small corner off the front lower plastic trim (inside the wheel well) mainly for cosmetics since it looked weird once the wheel liner was tucked up out of the way. There’s like 500 small screws that hold that chin spoiler on. They also hold the wheel well liner in place. With the chin spoiler gone and the wheel well liner tucked up it exposed the two outermost screw holes of the plastic lower valance. I trimmed those off. The edge is exposed black plastic now, but a little touch up paint and it will look factory.

so far no rubbing front or back, but it definitely fills the wheel wells.