Bilstein 5100 Lift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96grimreaper

Reaction score
Picked up F150 fronts and Expedition rears for our 19 XLT 4x4. Also have some 295/70/17 Nitto Recon Grapplers going on Raptor beadlock wheels. Planned on going with the stock setting in the front and 1.6 on the rear.

Just to verify, on the stock/bottom setting on the fronts you guys were getting 2-2.5" of lift from the front after settling? Factory, the rear is 1" high.

Just a pic with the raptor wheels and the 315/70's from my F150 to make sure she liked the wheels.
1664478739993.png

Edit:

Installed. Ended up with 2.75 up front and 2 in the rear before tires.
IMG_20221007_132727_050.jpg

Last edited:

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, with the expedition specific bilsteins at the lowest setting do you get any lift? I ask this because I put the bilsteins on my xlt and didn't think it lifted it at all but when I got my 2020 platinum it feels/looks lower than my xlt was. It also feel lower when I try to slide under it. Just kind of curious if maybe I did get a little lift out of them on my other.

Both those black lifted expy's look nice. My xlt was black too.

APExpo

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, with the expedition specific bilsteins at the lowest setting do you get any lift? I ask this because I put the bilsteins on my xlt and didn't think it lifted it at all but when I got my 2020 platinum it feels/looks lower than my xlt was. It also feel lower when I try to slide under it. Just kind of curious if maybe I did get a little lift out of them on my other.

Both those black lifted expy's look nice. My xlt was black too.
No, they’re adjustable 0-40 mm (about an inch and a half).

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great; I bought Bilsteins and then changed my mind to get Icon before ever installing the shocks. I didn't think they would end up lifting it that much; but it's a really good and balanced look.

gaspass

Reaction score
Bilstein 5100s all around at max height setting (Expedition-specific version). Method 316 Titanium wheels. Falken Wildpeak 275/70r18. No rubbing at full lock and everything looks to be in nice proportion.

View attachment 77100
Looks great! Which offset did you buy on your Method wheel? Also what is your final wheel diameter after installation?

I am actually looking at the 703 with Beadgrip but want to get an idea.

zeg5000

Reaction score
Looks great! Which offset did you buy on your Method wheel? Also what is your final wheel diameter after installation?

I am actually looking at the 703 with Beadgrip but want to get an idea.
The offset on the the Method 316 wheels is +18. The wheel diameter is 18 inches and width is 9 inches. If you're asking about the tire (not wheel) diameter after install, I haven't measured. But, the specs on the Falken Wildpeak 275/70r18 show a diameter of 33.4", which is a bit taller than other tires in 275/70r18 that I considered. As a I said, this wheel and tire combo fits perfectly with the Expy 5100s. I believe the Method 703s you're looking at do not come in an 18 inch size (17 inch only?) and are also a bit narrower than the Method 316s since they are off-road wheels. I really liked the 703s but wanted to go with an 18 inch wheel. Hope this helps.

GreatExcape

Reaction score
Lifting this thread up again for a question...

Has anyone matched the 2WD F150 Bilstein Fronts with the Expy rears... I'm wondering if the 2wd version would let me have adjustments in the 1-3" range since the shocks run about an inch shorter than the 4wd set?