Blacked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdh777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anyone here blacked out a 2nd gen and willing to share pics? I have an 03 eb 4.6 Black and Tan. Wanting to black out all lenses. Not sure if I should have the factory assemblies wrapped and converted to led or just buy aftermarket. Have already replaced the fog lights due to an idiot driver in a Pontiac sun fire hitting me and totaling his car. I replaced fog lights and wet sanded his paint off my bumper. Lol!
Also looking for info on durable wheels that are offroad capable for light wheeling and not stupid expensive.

06 Eddie

Reaction score
I have the same as an 06. Things I've thought about were black headlights, tinted tail lights, and 11+ black 20 in f150 fx4 wheels. However, with the eddie bauer lower tan I feel it would never flow. Side from a full black paint job and some nice black wheels I don't know if there's a clean way to budget a black out for our rides. Personally, I'm opting for a full paint correction detail when the weather breaks and tinted side windows to match the rest. My tires are brand new so wheels won't happen until I need tires.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same as an 06. Things I've thought about were black headlights, tinted tail lights, and 11+ black 20 in f150 fx4 wheels. However, with the eddie bauer lower tan I feel it would never flow. Side from a full black paint job and some nice black wheels I don't know if there's a clean way to budget a black out for our rides. Personally, I'm opting for a full paint correction detail when the weather breaks and tinted side windows to match the rest. My tires are brand new so wheels won't happen until I need tires.

You can black out your wheels with Bedliner Spray. Looks surprisingly good.

Rockclutch

Reaction score
anyone here blacked out a 2nd gen and willing to share pics? I have an 03 eb 4.6 Black and Tan. Wanting to black out all lenses. Not sure if I should have the factory assemblies wrapped and converted to led or just buy aftermarket. Have already replaced the fog lights due to an idiot driver in a Pontiac sun fire hitting me and totaling his car. I replaced fog lights and wet sanded his paint off my bumper. Lol!
Also looking for info on durable wheels that are offroad capable for light wheeling and not stupid expensive.
Sunfire lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tdh777

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I have been looking into the vinyl wrap place here in town to see how much it would cost to black the tan as well! They said they can definitely match the paint where it won’t be noticeable. First I have to finish my paint correction for the passenger side, tons of scratches from the trails near the house. Have gotten the drivers side done though! It’s a process.

38690A2F-2402-475B-8222-AD04E241FCAE.jpeg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking into the vinyl wrap place here in town to see how much it would cost to black the tan as well! They said they can definitely match the paint where it won’t be noticeable. First I have to finish my paint correction for the passenger side, tons of scratches from the trails near the house. Have gotten the drivers side done though! It’s a process.

View attachment 23166

Shoot some bedliner spray on them wheels

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not doing bed liner in the wheels. I will wait until I can get nicer ones

Current Rustoleum "bedliner" is actually just a more rugged plastidip-type product... looks better tho

removal is easy, and you dont even have to worry about overspray or getting it on your brakes

One drawback: too much tire shine can make it a bit runny