Blind Spot Checking (BLIS) not enabled with Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The service guy somehow got it “ready” status. So it probably will work now.

Seems a software glitch that unset blind spot check mark in towing even it is checked when not towing.
Hmmm.... Guess thru have no details of what he did to get it back working?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RANDAL CHAO

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
He had me disconnect harness, unchecked and checked blind spot option. Then reconnected harness.

Update: Confirmed it works now.

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think there is a setting somewhere on the last tab with the gears for BLIS with Trailer.

If I remember correctly, I had the same issue when I first set mine up. I think I resolved it with that menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s off in the menu by default until you set the trailer setup. I picked up a small utility trailer this week. First time it has been towed by my Expy. The dash said everything was disabled. I know my other trailers the blind spot works fine. They are named and setup. I haven’t had time to set this one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhrogPilot

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue ..... everything says I have done it all correctly but it doesn't work when the trailer is hooked up and selected - sometimes.

aukevin

Reaction score
He had me disconnect harness, unchecked and checked blind spot option. Then reconnected harness.

Update: Confirmed it works now.

Circling back around to this issue because it has come up for me. I had been towing my travel trailer with my 2021 Expedition Limited MAX since September 2023 and the blindspot was working. But about a month ago after getting my trailer out of month-long storage I got the message saying blind spot is deactivated with my trailer attached (works fine without trailer). I'm getting the exact same messages that are pictured in this thread. I've tried disconnecting my trailer, deleting the trailer from the vehicle, reattaching and going through the steps and it still deactivates the blind spot. I've tried setting up a new trailer in the vehicle prior to connecting, still no blind spot. My trailer is within the bounds of the BLIS because it was initially working and then stopped.

Has anyone come up with a way to get it working again? I'm going to try Randal Chao's comment here this afternoon. Disconnecting the harness means the power from the trailer to the vehicle right? Was the vehicle on when the power cord is unplugged? So while it is disconnected, uncheck and check the blind spot option in the menu on the vehicle? When you reconnect, the vehicle is still on? Thanks!

Stretch70

Reaction score
I have same issue - BLIS used to work great with my 30ft TT. I wonder if there was a background SW update this past year.