Blind Spot Checking (BLIS) not enabled with Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
Any body have successfully programmed Blind Spot system with trailer? I have input the trailer length, and save the blind spot measurement. But when trailer is connected, BLIS is always off, and I can't seem to enable it.

Here is the ford info video:

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Set mine with the trailer length and it has "worked" fine. I say "worked" as it isn't anything I rely on at all with a trailer. If you can't see based off your mirrors with a trailer I wouldn't trust this to cover such.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume it is working without a trailer connected? Cause if so nothing special you should have to do outside of setting the length and connecting the trailer wiring harness to the truck.

OP
OP
RANDAL CHAO

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
Yeah it is working without trailer harness connected. But when I connect trailer harness (with the measurement entered), it just says trailer connected, BLIS deactivated.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BLIS doesn’t work if the trailer dimensions exceed certain values. Make sure your dimensions are within these limits or try to define a new trailer profile.

I made a mistake once while selecting the trailer dimensions and was getting the same message.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn’t the BLIS cross traffic alert that is being disabled? Can you post a picture of the message?

Are you going by messages or actual on road experience?

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn’t the BLIS cross traffic alert that is being disabled? Can you post a picture of the message?

Are you going by messages or actual on road experience?
Very good point. I forgot myself that the cross traffic feature gets disabled and probably the message being displayed.

OP in case you aren't aware of the difference cross traffic is when you are backing out of a parking space and a car is coming down the road behind you from the side.

OP
OP
RANDAL CHAO

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
Both blis and cross traffic disabled. Tried different length settings, 3ft, 9ft. None worked. Bring it to dealer and the service guy seems not sure either.

CF0C1E55-A7BA-4FAE-B867-29C22B5FC152.jpeg

OP
OP
RANDAL CHAO

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
The service guy somehow got it “ready” status. So it probably will work now.

Seems a software glitch that unset blind spot check mark in towing even it is checked when not towing.

Last edited: