Blower motor bad pigtail? Different wiring? 2014 EL XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwbw80

Reaction score
We had our A/C compressor replaced in 2021. Since then our blower motor has cut out intermittently. I replaced the pigtail last year and it was still in and out. Yesterday, I got a new resistor and pigtail. When I removed the old resistor, there was damage. I put the new resistor in, installed the new pigtail (the one just replaced had a lot of damage), and nothing works.

I assumed it was the pigtail. I checked voltage to the pigtail and there is power. However, when I connect the pigtail and check voltage at the pins, I get nothing. Is this a safe assumption that the pigtail is faulty at the pins, or can I even check it with a voltmeter?

Also, both times replaced, I noticed the gauge of one of the wires coming from behind the glove compartment does not match the gauge of the pigtail. Will this cause issues?

OP
OP
B

bwbw80

Reaction score
Quick update:

I thought maybe I got a faulty transistor. Switched it out along with a new wiring harness. No fan. Checked power at the connector. Not sure what the readings are supposed to be but was getting 13.0V DC on Pins 1 and 3.

Pin alignment:
1 - Yellow/Green
2 - Smaller wire
3. Yellow/blue
4. White/black

Yesterday the fan would blow when the short was not occurring. I do not think it is the fan.

Edit: Just checked power to the blower motor. No reading. Going to assume the 40A fuse is the culprit.

Last edited:

2011EL

Reaction score
Going to assume the 40A fuse is the culprit.
Did you figure out the true cause of your issue(s)? Asking as the AC on my 2011 Expy decided not to blow any air today. Sure glad it isn't the hottest time of year here in Houston. lol

2011EL

Reaction score
I was able to resolve the issues with my truck. I also had obvious damage to the pigtail and the blower motor control module (not the resistor). This fixed my issues. I used Motorcraft parts. I've read a lot of horror stories of folks using aftermarket pigtails and resistors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire