Blower motor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
Limited probably has dual zone I believe module in different location than standard, which is at bottom right side of blower box

chris451fmc

Reaction score
My wife’s 2018 expedition max limited has started to have this problem with the fan being on high and not blowing at all or very little. The blower is still working but no air out vents. I bought a new blower motor resistor but can’t find it for the life of me. I’m really needing someone to point in the right direction of this car. We have had nothing but problems for this past year. We love the car for the size for the kids but it’s starting to become a pain.
I have the 2017 Expedition with tow package and 4x4. The blower some times will not come on. I can stop, go to the passenger side and wiggle the wires under the kick panel and it will start going again. So there is a bad connection there. I have an IR camera and I could see the two large wires going into a white module on the side of the blower case were hot as well as one of the many connectors under the dash, a couple of larger wires get warm from the amperage of this blower, and I think the real problem is connector contacts that get hot, melt or reflow the plastic in the connector, and cause an open circuit. Maybe since I tug on the wires in that area I clean the contacts on the blower motor connector. I have not done a recall for hot blower motor yet. A connector with high amperage can get hot enough to ignite the plastic in the connector if its got bad contact. I need to know what exactly they are replacing in that recall.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 2017 Expedition with tow package and 4x4. The blower some times will not come on. I can stop, go to the passenger side and wiggle the wires under the kick panel and it will start going again. So there is a bad connection there. I have an IR camera and I could see the two large wires going into a white module on the side of the blower case were hot as well as one of the many connectors under the dash, a couple of larger wires get warm from the amperage of this blower, and I think the real problem is connector contacts that get hot, melt or reflow the plastic in the connector, and cause an open circuit. Maybe since I tug on the wires in that area I clean the contacts on the blower motor connector. I have not done a recall for hot blower motor yet. A connector with high amperage can get hot enough to ignite the plastic in the connector if its got bad contact. I need to know what exactly they are replacing in that recall.
There is a recall on the blower motor, which Ford will replace at no charge. there are also issues with the controller /resister, and possibly the harness. If it turns out you need either of the other items and do not have an extended warranty, you will be charged for these.

Clink on the link below and put in your VIN. The open recalls will come up. Note as I said the controller and harness are not recalls and will not come up.

Link To NTSB Recalls

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett