Blower Motor recall personal experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The recall that I received From Ford was on the blower motor replacement because of potential cabin fire, but the youtube.com link provided is for blower motor resistor / harness replacement. Is the problem with both or either and does it help with preventing a potential motor failure / fire if the resistor harness is replaced?

I have 2017 with 46,000 miles, don't have any issues as of now. As always, advice from those in the know is greatly appreciated.

prenticect

Reaction score
Yes, to be clear after I picked it up, the blower motor on mine was bad, it did not work, but I also had wiring issues. But I will still need to go back to get the revised blower when fixed.

GeoPaw

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me. Dealer said you have to bring it in and leave it at least for a day so they can evaluate it. If it needs a new blower motor it will be several months or maybe a year before the motor gets in.
I took mine to my local mechanic and for $300 had him install a new one.

Utah Driver

Reaction score
I had the blower motor recall and brake reservoir recall on my 2016. It took a month to get parts and half day labor. No complaints here. Work done at LHM Ford Salt Lake.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My blower motor was replaced last year March. The blower resistor was not. Motor was covered under warranty for approximately $360. My warranty did not provide coverage for the blower motor resistor. That cost would’ve been $725 out of pocket. Makes no sense as to why they wouldn’t cover it,

Just found out from the Ford dealer about 1 week ago that the blower motors used for repair are the same units we already have. WTF?!?!? Didn’t compare part numbers… just took their word for it.

VCFP153

Reaction score
I took my 2015 XL in, they "evaluated it" and told me I'd be contacted when the new part was in. I have experienced no issues with overheating as such, my problem was that there was no Speed 3, which turned out to be a bad switch, which I replaced myself as well as the resistor, just in case. Mine only has 54K miles though.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my dealer order the recall part yesterday and they called later that day and said they had one of the new motors on hand - another customer that had it on order sold his Expy so it was ready for me! Goes in Friday. Along with me telling them no for all the other fluff service crap they will push on me.

turtle019

Reaction score
I just got a call from my local dealer letting me know they have the parts available. They scheduled a mobile service appointment so I won't even need to visit the dealer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire