Blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Following since I'm having the same issues but have been too busy to address it ( took the kids to uncle's for swimming since it was 95 yesterday, A/C stopped working and it was not a fun 30 minute drive! )

hey good info! where did you find that, I need this info but for a 2008 so I think it may be a different document.

You can search for information at this site by entering the year, make and model of your vehicle: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls#vehicle

Look under manufacturer’s communications for TSB’s.

Kevin Newcome

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m about to the point of finding an alternate power source to put power to the blower. I have tracked down the supply wire on the connector, and the ground. I believe from research that the speed switch is controlled on the ground side, so if I get power to the blower, it will only run on high speed.

At this point, I just need some cooler air. I already went through one summer with no blower. Gotta get some air for this summer!! The winter was bad enough for my wife & kids, I was born & raised in OH & PA, so it only gets cold enough here in NC for me to be cold for about a week or so each year. But it gets HOT in the summer, here!!!

Last edited:

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m about to the point of finding an alternate power source to put power to the blower. I have tracked down the supply wire on the connector, and the ground. I believe from research that the speed switch is controlled on the ground side, so if I get power to the blower, it will only run on high speed.

At this point, I just need some cooler air. I already went through one summer with no blower. Gotta get some air for this summer!! The winter was bad enough for my wife & kids, I was born & raised in OH & PA, so it only gets cold enough here in NC for me to be cold for about a week or so each year. But it gets HOT in the summer, here!!!
It's not rocket science. Look up under the glove box. Get a test light or multi meter. If you you have power at the motor it's bad. Give it a good whack, it may start running. If no power, trace back to the resister and it's pig tail. Wiggle that pigtail, Check it for burning. Do the basics, check the fuses.