BlueCruise 1.2 update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked up a '23 F150 and the BC hasn't been too impressive for me. The longest run I've had with "hands free" is about 6 miles... Not really worth it. Admittedly the PA turnpike and I95 with construction aren't the best test beds, but in the northeast there are NO good roads that don't have some kind of tar strip or offset screwing up the dashes white lines. In the one section that it was clear it seemed to get nervous negotiating a sweeping left turn and shut off mid corner.

Seems like a good idea that was pulled out of the oven before it was fully cooked.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea that was pulled out of the oven before it was fully cooked.
Unfortunately it is going to take ford quite a few years to get bluecruise dialed in. Same with the whole big navigation screen controlling the vehicle. Ford's software support and upgrades should take a look at how tesla does it.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems to me a lot of Expedition owners think they have Blue Cruise when it is only the adaptive cruise with lane keep assist. Kind of scary that many think they have it when they don't.

jb22EXP

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the 1.2 or 1.3 update? What does the 24 come with? I am thinking of getting rid of my expedition bc of how bad blue cruise is. I absolutely regret not getting the tahoe w super cruise.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the 1.2 or 1.3 update? What does the 24 come with? I am thinking of getting rid of my expedition bc of how bad blue cruise is. I absolutely regret not getting the tahoe w super cruise.
Do you not like anything about the truck or just the bc? If you want the update, why not wait for the my25s and get the updated bc then?

jb22EXP

Reaction score
I drive 30k miles a year and purchased for BC and it is pretty damn bad. Aside from that the center console rattles constantly and the dealer can't seem to fix it. Not sure I could do another Ford at this point. The engine is absolutely amazing, massaging seats are decent but could live w out, and I actually like the infotainment screen. I was told by the dealer I purchased from I would get the update no later than 23 and it appears the 1.2 or 1.3 is a massive upgrade. I would not have purchased if I had known that wasn't coming. Do the 24s really still come w 1.1? Not sure how Ford can't update one if its premium vehicles w an OTA update if the architecture is shared. What am I missing?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The architecture was updated, but I guess not enough to handle the new bc. Remember, the expy platform is 9 yrs old, it's based on the 2015 f150 whi h came out in 2014, so it's tech the oldest platform the company has barring the econolines and fleet trucks. If those are the features you have, the denali ultimate has those things but your looking at a 10 - 15k premium. If ford does to the expy what they did with the 21 f150, itll be vastly improved for my25.

jb22EXP

Reaction score
So have you confirmed that it will not be coming to this iteration of the
The architecture was updated, but I guess not enough to handle the new bc. Remember, the expy platform is 9 yrs old, it's based on the 2015 f150 whi h came out in 2014, so it's tech the oldest platform the company has barring the econolines and fleet trucks. If those are the features you have, the denali ultimate has those things but your looking at a 10 - 15k premium. If ford does to the expy what they did with the 21 f150, itll be vastly improved for my25.
So have you confirmed it is not coming? Ive called Ford numerous times and I've been told different things but never that it isn't coming just that they don't know when. It would be awesome to get an official answer. 2nd best answer is no!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly idk. I'm also on the navigator forum and ppl are pissed and rightfully so about the same thing, no updates and no communication. Ford hasn't truly confirmed updates for expy, but they did with the nav and nothing. I kind of just put two and two together tbh. I feel like ford already knew blc was spotty with this platform, but got it to work as a beta, but it became unusable in its newer iterations for the platform so they just gave up on it and focused on getting it right on the remodel. That or ford just doesn't give a shit and lied to hundreds of thousands of consumers and dealers to sell an overpriced, aging product.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65