Body lift installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I really wish I would have went with 16x10's now instead of 16x8 rims. They look great Mikiedoo !!!! Both of them look great!!!!!

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive got a question.. I'm doing my body lift this weekend, me and a buddy. I have the E.B with air bags, I hate them. Although it rides real nice, I hate them. Are they an issue with a body lift? Any info on it would be helpful. After reading the instructions, seems like some things required are just extra work. Like, the throttle body intake being removed? Thats really necessary?

Send me some info. I'll need it.

paul_smith_347

Reaction score
Pretty Slick! I like to Hi-Lift jack in place of the stock bumper. Ive put a body lift on a ranger before and the seering went to hell. How is the new steering adapter in the kit? Ne binding in the wheel or nething?

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
98sexpedition- I didn't begin with airbags so I won't be much help there but as for following the directions, I'm sure some steps could be overlooked but my advice is to follow every step to be sure that you don't miss anything that needs attention. The only thing i didnt use was the transfer case bracket. Pay close attention to your brake lines when jacking the body off the frame and just dive on in!

Paul smith- thankyou, right now I'm running my stock bumper because I'm adding a hoop style recovery point and winch plate to my other bumper. My friends dad had an old Toyota and had problems with his steering too due to his body lift but that was years ago and he didn't run an extension. However I have had no problems at all with my steering. I wheel my rig pretty hard at least once month(Anza state park this weekend) and no signs of deteriation yet:)

paul_smith_347

Reaction score
Perfect! Thats one of the last things I was wondering about before I lift mine. I couldn't stand the "camming over" feeling in the steering wheel on the ranger. It even had the extension. Glad these seem to fit the bill as needed.