boost gages on 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone put boost gages on their 3.5, both post-turbo duct and post-throttle body? As a point of curiosity. Would like to know what they show under different throttle conditions.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since pressure remaining constant in a vessel, is a Law of physics, why would you think there's be a difference?

A magnehelic gauge would record any delta's caused by static, friction etc but they should be very small.

I would also like to see the actual boost pressures though I've not been motivated enough to install a gauge....lol

jeff

OP
OP
plumcolr

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No. The turbo will provide boost. If the throttle is closed, the intake manifold will show vacuum at idle. So, measuring post-turbo will show the amount of boost in the inlet to the throttle body. Post-throttle body would show the pressure actually making it into the cylinders. At idle, I suspect there is boost immediately available to the engine upon opening the throttle, though, admittedly not much until the turbos spool (which, my impression is, happens pretty quickly). Also, the air is moving. Lots of places in the airstream for the venturi effect.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure about forscan lite, but torque pro shows boost. But mine stays mostly on the vacuum side. I have a guage in my Mustang, and compared it to torque pro. And there pretty close. But again stays mostly on the vacuum side, until around 3k.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk