Bouncy Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed out the air suspension a while back with one of the SunCore conversion kits, and I added a 1/2 inch spacer lift up front to level the truck out. Now it bounces all over the place every time I hit the smallest bump.

Anyone else have this problem with SunCore? Or it might be the lift?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be ball joints, sway bars, etc

Also, seesaw bounce or up-down bounce?

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How "awhile back" did you replace the shocks? They could just be worn out.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Suncore sucks! I used them on my 89 Lincoln mark 7. The size of their air springs were half the size of Fords. I ditched them and put on their coil spring conversion. Another joke. Way under sprung. Sorry don't have anything positive to say about Suncore. Theirs a reason why Ford charges so much for Oem air springs, the others don't work!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks, shocks, shocks. Bouncy is almost always shocks. Think about a stretched slinky, and how a small vibration travels back and forth through it. Your springs are the same, they don’t magically know to stop bouncing. That’s what shocks do.

If it’s bouncing too much, time for new shocks.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you re read his post, the bouncy house effect didn't start till he installed the new air springs. My Lincoln did the same thing. I agree with new shocks, but shocks don't start bouncing after removal and reuse! As a wise old friend told me years back, springs give you the ride, shocks keep the tires planted to the road! Shocks do affect ride quality as well, but not as much as proper spring/tire combo. Our friend will never get his oem ride back until he either puts Ford coil or air springs back on.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be ball joints, sway bars, etc

Also, seesaw bounce or up-down bounce?

More up-down than see-saw. The back feels pretty well planted.

How "awhile back" did you replace the shocks? They could just be worn out.

12 months, give or take a month. That seems ridiculously short for a set of shocks.