Brake Booster Pressure Sensor and Pedal Travel Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackCoffee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chasing an AdvancTrac problem and currently thinking it is one of the sensors on the Brake Booster. The booster is two and a half years old, but from AutoZone.

Does anyone have a source and Ford part numbers for the pressure sensor and the pedal travel sensor? I think it is the pressure sensor and would like to swap a good one. I may make a junk yard run to see if I can find one.

Thanks,

OP
OP
BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. I am still having problems with the ECU. I put in a rebuilt, still no communication. Everything I read implies a bad sensor could also stop coms to the ECU. I am slowly working through all the pinpoint test that may be relevant and was going to try the sensors on the booster. I did replace the booster with an Autozone life time warranty one 2 years and six months ago because the original lost seal and everytime you applied the brakes it would hiss. I had to turn in the core and did not think to pull the sensors. It is frustrating because everything else works, ABS is fine, and drivetrain is strong. Just the annoying skid marks and occasional check AdvanceTrac notification. The failure comes up immediately on start which makes me believe a sensor not online. When I start, it shows it is active and then eventually fails. I have disconnected each input one by one. When I disconnect the brake booster sensor, it starts and does not show it is active, just failed. So there is something different with that sensor.

Thanks, I will try Ford and see if they can help. I bet it is an assembly. There is a booster rebuild kit available from Ford. I will see what is in it. It might have the sensors and a few seals. If it has the sensors, that will do the trick. Last option is to tell Autozone I want a new brake booster.

Thanks again for your wisdom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65