Brake light, ABS light and traction control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Attempted to swap out the right rear sensor and well that didn't go as planned. Not much on net to show steps needed, just found one video for an Expy on front wheels. Figured it'd be similar, but it's not really. Got wheel off, caliper and rotor off and figured it'd just be a matter of removing sensor but it looks like to get to the sensor you either have to remove the parking brake assembly or remove the hub on the spindle where the bearings are. Not comfortable going any further and put it all back together.

Guess it's off to the shop tmw unless someone has first hand knowledge on how to get to that sensor?

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took to my local shop. Told me it was the ABS module. Replaced that and replaced the damaged looking speed sensor. Got back yesterday all was good till this morning when two of the three warning lights returned. ABS and traction control, with "Service Advancetrac" being displayed. Back to shop and hoping this gets figured out before I pour too much money into this old truck.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took to my local shop. Told me it was the ABS module. Replaced that and replaced the damaged looking speed sensor. Got back yesterday all was good till this morning when two of the three warning lights returned. ABS and traction control, with "Service Advancetrac" being displayed. Back to shop and hoping this gets figured out before I pour too much money into this old truck.

Bummer! Hopefully you get taken care of of.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: Got the truck back from shop, looks like for some reason the bearing on rear axle where they had replaced the sensor went bad. Damaged the sensor and had metal shavings on the sensor causing the error. Not sure if this is something they did when installing the new sensor prior, or if me banging on the rotor to remove somehow damaged something. New bearing kit came with new sensor, so both replaced and seems to be working fine so far.

My guess is I really didn't need the ABS module replaced, but no telling.