Bucking at Low Speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoos95

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Eddie Bauer EL with 242K miles. While at low speeds accelerating the car bucks. While at higher speeds there is no issue. Spark plugs were replaced about a year ago.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As members have reported numerous times, please do a fuel pressure test, and use an obd2 scanner to bring up any trouble codes. Please post your or your mechanics results. Bucking is usually electrical, but not always. Keep in touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can, check the vehicle speed sensor, crankshaft position sensor for loose or intermittent conections. If you know a tech who has an oscilloscope, much better. Also check the engine mounts.

tavern89

Reaction score
I am having same exact issue. I have a 2007 limited EL with 104k miles. Ive taken to ford and two mechanics. Ford wasnt sure but thought it might be the torque converter , so I took it to transmission shop and they of course couldnt make any guarantees that was the problem until they opened it up . Mine occurs between 30-40 MPH the whole car shudders when accelartaing then it goes away . Driving 60 70 80 MPH the truck drives smooth and strong . Sometimes it will happen during city driving several times in a row then sometimes wont happen for days. Ive installed new spark plugs, coil packs, carbon cleaner, etc . Ive become an experiment for the mechanics and keep thrwoing money at a problem nobody can fix.

ricofrancois

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with my 07 XLT (105K). It was fixed after replacement of 1 COIL and all Spark Plugs.
It started doing it again almost a year later and a new Torque Converter fixed it.