Build Sheet vs. What's parked in the driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Toyman... Does your look like this? Mine is the Stone Green Metallic.

OP
OP
Toyman

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Toyman... Does your look like this? Mine is the Stone Green Metallic.

I think so but computer color images can be deceiving. Depending on the lighting I would better describe it as dark brown metallic.

OP
OP
Toyman

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toyman, did you set the positions per the manual ( page 176 ) first ?
You want the key in the ignition or vehicle running in Park to properly set things. Basically you adjust the seat, pedals, and mirrors to the way you want them then press "SET" then press "1". Now go adjust the mirrors or seat to a different position and then press "1" again and see if they go back to where you had them.

If the seat automatically moves forward when you put the key in the ignition then you have the "Easy Entry" mode set.

Matt

I'll do that tomorrow. Didn't I read somewhere in the manual that you can also program the settings such that it can activate the memory function based on the fob used to unlock the doors.

I'll re-read that whole section later as well.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll do that tomorrow. Didn't I read somewhere in the manual that you can also program the settings such that it can activate the memory function based on the fob used to unlock the doors.

I'll re-read that whole section later as well.

Yes you can. For example my wifes remote and setting is #1 and mine is #2. I guess you could read into that......I'm number 2.....:idiot:

Matt

OP
OP
Toyman

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I adjusted everything, followed the instructions provided, then pressed set and #1 while in Park with the engine running. Removed the key altered the driver's side mirror. Inserted the key and the mirror did not reset (seat moved forward as it's always done). So what am I doing wrong? Is there a memory module that hasn't been connected or isn't working? Might have to pay a visit to the local dealer and have them show me that it works as advertised.

Last edited:

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question but after you altered all the settings did you push the "1" button again?
It wont return to the saved setting just by inserting the key, the desired memory setting #1 or #2 needs to be pushed ( or recalled with the programmed remote )

Also, if you move the pedals do they return to the memory setting when you press "1" ???

Matt

OP
OP
Toyman

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did as you suggested. Engine running in park and seat, mirror and pedals positioned and set and #1. Everything came back to the set position when #1 was pressed after changing them. So it looks like it's working. I'll make certain that I have the procedure for syncing the fob to #1 setting for myself and the other fob for the wife's preferences. Thanks,