Buzzer like sound from dash between steering column and center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWWAFordGuy

Reaction score
Ok, this is weird. Today, there was a buzzer like sound that appeared to emanate from the dash on the right side of the steering column. Here's the situation: in a parking lot waiting for a break in traffic to enter the main road. Right turn signal on, A/C on, foot on brake, steering wheel straight ahead, no movement on wheel so it wasn't the power steering motor or pump.

Buzzing sound starts in dash. No idiot lights on, no overheat indicator, nothing like that. I turn off signal and reach over to shut off A/C and before I can shut off A/C, buzzing sound stops.

I know, this is not something easy to diagnose. What came to mind was maybe the Multi-Function switch is having issues?

Has anyone else had this issue happen to them and if so, what did you find to be the cause?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Problem is he said ac was still on. Sounds like something tied in with signals. The first editions use a relay I believe. One for 4way, and one for signals. Have you added any electrical items, and if so did you or any shop tap into existing wires. Signals usually flash or don't. Speed of flash can vary. The other thing you might have to pull panels to get to modules or relays to get in closer. Maybe you then can feel or hear it. Keep us posted what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SWWAFordGuy

Reaction score
Nothing electrical has been added at all. The vehicle is stock with exception to some minor, exterior cosmetic enhancements. The sound has not returned or been able to be duplicated. No idea what it was, what caused it or if it will even repeat at some time in the future. How does one check the A/C blend door actuator? Just in case that might have been the cause.