Cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a k&n on mine, but noticing 2 problems, 1st is by reading the plugs it looks slightly lean ( very light brown), not the tan like we3 liked to see back in the day, , #2 hot weather - the cai sucks disgustinglt hot under hood temps, until you get going and the airflow meter cools off, which causes a lack of power, sluggishness, and bogging bad off the line

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking about putting one in my truck and wanted the know what to go with, as far as the plugs i had the k&n on my jeep and had the same problem, when i replaced the plugs i noticed it burned a lot of fuel, i guess the more air it was sucking in then it had to compensate with more fuel.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you're moving there's air coming through the crack of the hood... and it sits on top of the shroud, very little if any radiator air.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now that you say that....... the only cool air would be from what was kicked back from the fan. And i wonder how would you do the air temp sensor.