Cam Phaser replacement after Jan 1 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasHeat

Reaction score
My 2019 Ford Expedition Max (mileage 55K ) has started to rattle upon cold start. When the cam phaser service bulletin came out, I had the vehicle checked and was told it was fine unless it was making noise. Now, a year later, it is making noise, but the dealer won't replace because it had to be done by 1-1-23. Has anyone had any luck in getting Ford to replace after that date?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 Ford Expedition Max (mileage 55K ) has started to rattle upon cold start. When the cam phaser service bulletin came out, I had the vehicle checked and was told it was fine unless it was making noise. Now, a year later, it is making noise, but the dealer won't replace because it had to be done by 1-1-23. Has anyone had any luck in getting Ford to replace after that date?
You are still within the powertrain warranty until 60k miles !!

platinumexpy

Reaction score
Don't let it pass factory warranty. After that, they will charge you for this recall depending how many miles your vehicle has. I got mine done a year and a half ago. Because my 18 expy already had just over 90k miles, they charged me full price at $3,500 to replace them. The arguement didn't help. Needed the ride fixed.

slideboy7

Reaction score
I have a 2018 that was sold in Jan. Of 2019 with 50K. The Ford dealer near me just did the cam phaser job under the power train warranty. Brought it in on a Monday and done on Friday with the updated parts. No more cold start rattle. They have to do the job.

tj8522

Reaction score
Hello, I don’t have any cam phaser rattle, but my power train warranty ends early next year, is it possible to get it changed before the warranty expires?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani