Cam Phasers ......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does this seem about right?

Dealer Estimate below:

Variable Cam Timing Solenoids and phasers to address check engine light and rattle noise:

Labor diagnosis and repair 2989.00

Parts 955.00

Shop supplies 100.00

Total $4044.00

Thanks.

Ford should be responsible for the specific expenses because this is obviously a Ford's design problem and they have admitted it.

OP
OP
T

Todd Prestonq

Reaction score
Ford should be responsible for the specific expenses because this is obviously a Ford's design problem and they have admitted it.
Ford SHOULD be on the hook for all or some, but it was never a recall; just a TSB was put out for it. I have tried, but I'm getting nowhere.

khammer

Reaction score
P0018 and P0021 and running rough at times.

My Exp had these 2 codes in December. (check out here https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/camshaft-issues-p0022-and-p052d.53423/post-503014 )

the VCT solenoids on bank 2 driver side needed replaced. AUL approved the service and I owe $100 deductible. The total on the invoice for the job is $1411.48.

After had to return to dealership service to have seals/gaskets replaced but I have not had any issues since then. No more CEL and smooth running. note I have NOT had cam phaser work done and it is knocking on cold start up.