Can driving lights be added without defacing the front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Are any auxiliary lights made which can be attached behind the grill with an extension bracket through the grill openings so thathe grill is not damaged?
Thank you.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can take the cover off and get to that area pretty good...not the grille...the plastic cover that hels by screws...take them out and you can get to the are and drill in your lights...have to secure them with screws

OP
OP
R

Robert Gift

Reaction score
you can take the cover off and get to that area pretty good...not the grille...the plastic cover that held by screws...take them out and you can get to the area and drill in your lights...have to secure them with screws
Thank you.
I was trying to see if I can get just the 2-bar grill out but can't see how. That would make positioning so much easier, especially around the two siren speakers [K

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's what is behind the grill when you take it off.
703-what-needs-come-off.jpg

I was adding the billet inserts and this is what had to come off.
701-adding-inserts.jpg

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you.
I'm an IDIOT.
I removed the grill to install theavy siren speakers.
I was thinking of another vehicle.

If you haven't already installed the sirens...When we installed our siren speakers on our Exs we just used an L bracket and mounted it on top near the top of the radiator. It holds great. We also run dual sirens.

OP
OP
R

Robert Gift

Reaction score
... we installed our siren speakers on our Exs we just used an L bracket and mounted it on top near the top of the radiator. It holds great. We also run dual sirens.
Thank you.
Are they exterior?
These Federal Signal TS100s are behind the grill projecting through the opening above and below the top horizontal grill "bar".
I securely bolted them using just their siren "L" brackets but do not remember how I did it three years ago.
(Bolts because I do not trust screws with these heavy speakers.) (Wish we had FS's lighter-weight neodymium drivers.)
During weeklyehicle inspection I check them for anything loose.

I want to mount the speakers on top of each other on the left side behind the grill. This produces better sound projection. Speakers right and left of each other projects sound more up and down. Speakers above and below each other does that same projection span, except now that span sweeps right and left.

Last edited: