Can't find a 23 with APA. Skip APA or go 24?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use it when I have the time lol. It's a great wow factor for passengers.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you think the expys is confusing(it's actually pretty simple), the grand wagoneers version is simply unusable. Idk if it was a software glitch or everybody in the car including the salesman were just stupid, but theres more than triple the steps to complete over my navs and your fords version. We couldn't get the damn thing park after finding the space, and it took longer to recognize than the ours as well. Havent had a chance to try the 2.0 since they abolished it from the 22s right before we were able to try it out.

Last edited:

RSNovi

Reaction score
My 2020 had active park assist with the HD trailer tow package. We used it occasionally, but then something in the system failed so I ended up deactivating using Forscan. I believe it was the module or wiring to one of the sensors.

When we were looking into 23 and 24 Expeditions I think if you got HD trailer tow package you couldn't get the Active Park Assist. We ended up finding a 23 exactly what we wanted with the HD Trailer Tow so we didn't get the Active Park Assist.

Bailey

Reaction score
I have never used it. I always say I'm going to, but never do. I can parallel park with out an issue so I guess never a need.
I'm just not sure where to try it for the first time! Personally I would not care if it had it or not. But that is me and my situation.
I would wait for a 2024 if you can but not for the APA. It will have all the latest electronics. If the 23 is that much cheaper, I would go for that. I would always buy mine at 0% but I got the leftovers. Usually meant white in color :(.
One last thing, in the past I would never buy an extended warranty. However, because of the electronics, I have been buying one on my latest Fords. But shop around. Unless you want to bury it in your payment, you can get it cheaper at other Ford dealers.
Granger Ford in Iowa and Lombard Ford in Connecticut have some of the best prices (I went with Granger on my last Ford). Or use their quotes to see if your dealer will match.

rmillis

Reaction score
Honestly, do you even need any parking assist with the 360 degree camera view? It makes parking so easy, not sure if Park Assist is even necessary. Keep in mind, I haven’t tried parallel parking yet on my 2023 Limited but the 360 view makes things so much easier to do it yourself.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
APA is a novelty. I have used it twice to just see how it works. In real world traffic and parking lots, it’s just too cumbersome. Learn your corners and mirrors and use 360 cams worse case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker