Can't get a reading from ODB port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04EddyExpy

Reaction score
My "Service Engine Soon" light came on during a road trip the other day. I was going to get the code read at Auto Zone, but a buddy of mine let me borrow his FIXD code reader, which he spoke highly of.

So I downloaded the app, registered, plugged the reader into the ODB port, and turned the engine on. I hit "scan" and it just sits there, minute after minute, saying "scan in progress." Waited about 10 minutes, and the scan never finished.

I hit the Help button. It says a blue LED should come on when the unit is plugged in. No LED. So I'm thinking maybe the ODB port isn't getting any power -- anybody know which specific fuse controls this so I can test it? My truck didn't come with a service manual when I bought it.

OP
OP
04EddyExpy

04EddyExpy

Reaction score
Thanks, man. I'll give that a try. I did find an owners manual to download a minute ago. Gonna start checking all my fuses...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT