Car2U Garage Door Opener Blows Fuse 25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadson

Reaction score
:confused:In the past week of brand new ownership of a new Expedition XLT 2011, Fuse 25 (controls visor vanity mirrors lights, Car2U module, etc) has blown 3 times. Usually when buttons on Car2U module pressed but not all the time. In addition, Car2U will not accept programming for fixed code gates. Dealer suggestion - buy lots of fuses. Any Suggestions?

OP
OP
D

dadson

Reaction score
As it turned out, there was a short in the wiring running to the Car2U unit. It manifested itself when the visor was moved/adjusted. As would be expected, it took a little while to diagnose the problem, but my dealer figured it out.

stepstephenson

Reaction score
Car 2U

I just purchased my 2011 and had the same issue...pinched visor wire. My CAR2U still can't be programmed though, and I have programmed my husband's Ford. Not sure what is going on. Has anyone else had issues with programming the CAR2U?

PkgingGuy

Reaction score
Hello. I purchased 2011 just a few days ago. I was able to make the left door go up, but nothing since. I've tried multiple times to do the other two buttons with no response.
Previous posts talk about using the remote that comes with Opener to train Car2U... then push Learn button on Opener. My manual does not call for that step, will try shortly.
If no response, going back to Ford Monday.
Any additional advice welcomed.
I'm a new member, great site!