Cargo area protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cargo liner or protector for my 05 XLT, I seem to find lots of them made from plastic or rubber that either cover the carpet behind the 3rd row seat or up to the 2nd row. These look nice but if I get the larger one that goes to the 2nd row I would have to remove it when I lift up one or both 3rd row seats. With that said anyone out there find a good cargo protector that can be used with the 3rd row seat either up or down?

Thanks!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just use a large "clear" mat. It's more or less flexable, so if I have to use the 3rd row seating, it just bends back, covering the rear of the 3rd row seats. Not really much of a concern for me since I usually don't use the 3rd row seats. Only thing I hate about it is since it's that hard plastic, stuff likes to slide around.

Maybe make a 2/3 piece mat (depending if you have to have 1 or 2 pieces covering 3rd row seats when folded down). When you need the 3rd row, just transfer the mat from the back of the seats to the floor in the 3rd row. Won't be the most awesome fit, but I think it'd work. Obviously, the mat would have to be flexible for this to work.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant remember but i think mine is a husky. and it has the cutouts if you want to leave it in while you put the 3rd row in.

OP
OP
E

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, I'm looking at all options before I buy one....what would be cool is a liner that was spill proof with a lip (which is what I need for all the fishing gear and associated wet equipment I carry) that can remain in when the 3rd row seat is in the up or split position.

BavarianFanatic

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cargo liner or protector for my 05 XLT, I seem to find lots of them made from plastic or rubber that either cover the carpet behind the 3rd row seat or up to the 2nd row. These look nice but if I get the larger one that goes to the 2nd row I would have to remove it when I lift up one or both 3rd row seats. With that said anyone out there find a good cargo protector that can be used with the 3rd row seat either up or down?

Thanks!

Funny timing! I just posted this...

http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?p=28722#post28722

Take a look at the pics. I don't know if it'll work in your '05 but you might be able to do something with it. Since it installs directly to the seats it'll move when they do.

gijohn45

Reaction score
the husky one will hold up to 3 gals of liquid but once you cut the holes out for the 3rd row of seating that goes out the window unless you make some type of lip around the cut outs...

OP
OP
E

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already purchased a Canvasback, when it arrives I will give a report.